Service Pack 1 for AutoCAD® 2014 for Mac is now available, and we strongly encourage users to download and install it. This Service Pack is a major update that fixes a number of issues, most importantly crash issues that occur sometimes while creating blocks, copying/pasting items in drawings, drafting, and crashes during startup. This Service Pack was developed as a direct result of feedback provided from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility (CER), the Autodesk Forums, and also from other modes of direct/indirect feedback.
Improvements in reliability
AutoCAD® 2014 for Mac® Service Pack 1 includes many improvements that address several of the most common known issues in the product. For instance, AutoCAD sometimes hangs when plotting drawings in certain situations, and in some cases AutoCAD could not be activated with certain suite serial numbers (like Education Master Suite).
Also, after installing this Service Pack, you can reset AutoCAD at startup by holding Shift while clicking the AutoCAD (or AutoCAD LT) icon - this is helpful when AutoCAD fails to start normally.
- Image underlay was sometimes not fully displayed in plotted results - this is now fixed in the service pack.
- Plot stamp now shows the system time from the local machine.
- Image underlay showed twisted or white/black bands while zooming in canvas - this issue is now resolved.
- System animation (scrolling or switching desktops) glitches after force-quitting AutoCAD have been fixed.
Download and Install
You can install the updates in two ways:
- After you launch AutoCAD, the Notification palette in the product indicates that an update is available. Double click the Notification palette to download and install the update.
- You can download and install the Service Pack manually:
Before installing Service Pack 1, we strongly recommend that you review the associated readme file for installation instructions and details about the primary issues that are resolved by the service pack.
We want to express our appreciation to all of you who identified these issues and reported them to us, and thank you for your patience. Please do not hesitate to let us know what you think of this service pack release.